Sunday, November 23, 2008

Four Going on Twenty

Hubby had to work over the weekend and there I was with the mammoth task of keeping ze brat entertained.

With me having a horrible cold, my choices were limited but brain seemed to be working, blocked nose or not ‘cause ‘ping!’ I had a bright idea. I got my old bottle of nail polish (yep, the only one I have) and much to Hooty's excitement, she was allowed to paint her nails.

Once Hubby got home, she proudly displayed her painted nails and hubby goes, “Oh! You’ve painted your nails. I thought you are too small to paint your nails.” And Hooty says, “No. I am not! I am big now. See.”

“But I think you have to be at least twenty years old to paint your nails,” says Hubby. (Typical Sri Lankan father!)

“But I AM nearly twenty. I am nearly there now.” Says my daughter convincingly. :o)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...poor sod...didn't know what he was getting him self into when he became her father (as if there was a choice ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well to tell you the truth i dont think he knew what he was getting into when he got married to you!!!! (I'm pretty sure you are going to delete this comment :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. heh heh...yeah...I think so too ;o)...see i didn't delete it!

    ReplyDelete