Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Good Girl

Now that Hooty has become a ‘good girl’, I think she realises how pleasant things are, and strives to keep it that way. In the earlier days we were just so tensed about when the next tantrum would occur that we forgot to have fun as I think most times we spent together were spent ‘problem solving’. I don’t know where to begin even about the changes – how pleasant things are. Now we spend more time having fun together, hugging her or playing with her – We did all these before, but there was always an undercurrent of uneasiness at least for Hubbs and I.

Now, whenever she does have a small ‘disagreement’ with us (she is still stubborn as hell!), halfway through, she sort of realises that her misbehaving doesn’t get her anywhere. She would suddenly turn about and say “Thaththi (if he’s the one disciplining her at the time) carry me…I don’t want to be naughty. I don’t want to be like that.” And oh! how it melts our hearts.

So the bouts that used to last almost an hour in those days that Hooty was going through the “Terrible Two’s” are now over in a few minutes, and with hugs and kisses all around, we are all happy. Of cause her terrible two’s started quite early –when she was about a year and a half – and ended quite late – when she was about three and a half!

I can’t now recall a time we put her in the naughty spot for the past few months. But mind you she still screams enough to wake the devil when she is mad! But no complains…right now I like her just the way she is :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment