Friday, January 4, 2008

New Year Resolutions - Revisited

I can’t believe I’ve kept this (blog) up for one whole year! I remember writing a very frustrated entry on the new year resolutions that I wished my baby would make last year.

Well, she definitely is no baby anymore and I must say things have considerably improved over the year.

So, let me revisit those resolutions and put into perspective the changes in Hooty. Whether this is due to age, fish oil or both, I don’t know.

1. I will not cry for every single thing. – Well, she does cry, but not for every single thing. We can now actually reason with her

2. I will not have tantrums. – No more tantrums!!!! Well, at least not rolling on the floor, screaming her head off ones. And not that often. I don't think I would even call them tantrums anymore.

3. I will not say "NO!" when asked to brush my teeth, get dressed, eat, clean up my toys, etc. – Hmmm..a tricky one...she no longer says “NO!” But she might say a tiny “no” or better still, she will try to worm her way out of it by giving an excuse or try to divert our attention or use all sorts of prolonging tactics.

4. I will not fuzz every single day about going to school. – She loves school!! (Phew) It’s now like a second home to her and she is very happy being with her fellow playmates and teachers.

5. I will fall asleep in fifteen minutes instead of the one hour I take. – Yep! Still takes one whole hour!

6. I will learn to fall asleep alone. – Nope! Still yours truly needs to sleep with her.

7. I will stop being a fuzzy eater and eat up everything that's put before me. - Nope! Still the same old fuzzy eater.

8. I will sit still in one place when asked to do so. – I think we are there….well at least halfway…

9. I will not scream. – Still going strong! Her lung capacity seems to grow by the day!

10. I will behave my self in public places. – Actually she does! Hooray!


So all in all, not bad ha? But you know what? She is growing so fast that I want to hold her tight and say, 'Please stop! Slow down. Ammi needs her baby!'

No comments:

Post a Comment