Friday, July 6, 2007

Hooty, Hooty Quite Contrary

Hooty has this habit of disagreeing with us when ever possible:

When offered a packet of milk from the fridge – “I want hot milky”
When we offer to give her warm milk – “No! I want cold milky”

When a pyjama is given – “I want a nighty”
When a pyjama with stripes is given – “No! I want the one with spots!”

When I offer to wash her – “I want Thaaththi to wash me”
When Hubby offers to dress her – “No! I want Ammi to dress me”

When an Apple is offered – “I want an Orange”
When an Orange is offered – “I want Orange Juice!”

When blue sandals are given to wear (if it matches what she is wearing) – “I want the pink shoes!”
When asked to tie her hair – “No! I don’t want to!”

Oooooooooh the list goes on and on and on and on and………

Now do you see how tantrums are a part of our lives. It’s all about control. Hooty hates to loose control of a situation. She always wants it her way, and when it doesn’t happen…..heaven help us!

3 comments:

  1. Doesnt she remind me of some one else????... let me thinkkkkkkkkk hmmmmmmmmm ohhh its none other than U Sue.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha very funny!
    Actually I do think her head-strong ways come from me :o(
    Pity she didn't inherit her father's temperament :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Surani,

    It happens with all the parents, some know how to convince the baby and some let the baby do what she/he wants.

    When it comes to me, sometimes bribe or divert the topic or sometimes comparing with other kids works. well it may not work for all.

    ReplyDelete