Friday, October 5, 2007

Chantings

Hooty ’s learning quite a lot of undesirable stuff from school. Now, whenever we would ask her to behave, she would go in to a long rumble which would sound something like this (which I am sure is what the kids at school say and do, as I see no other source for her come up with something like this):

“I don’t like you!
I don’t like you! (Sob, sob….)
You make me sad!
I don’t like you!
Oooh whaoooooo
You will be punived (punished)
Sob..sob..sob……
I am going to call Spiderman, the red and black one!
(Mind you, she hasn’t seen a red and black one let alone the red-only one!
We haven’t even seen adds for it on T.V as far as I can recall!)
And he will get you!
I don’t love you!
Boo hooo hoooooooooo
I don’t want to be your friend!
I don’t like you…
I don’t like youuuuuuuuu..
Sob sob sob…
When I grow up, I am going to go to the other room!
(that’s not very far, I was thinking ;o)
I won’t stay with Ammi and Thaaththi!!
Booo hooo hoooooooooooo
You don’t say 'sorry' to me!!!
Say ‘sorry’ to meeeeeeeee
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa
I don’t like you!!!”

And on and on it goes.

Yesterday just before bed-time she started her chantings after I refused to let her play with my necklace. After asking her to stop the nonsense and come to bed, Hubby and I ignored her. After going on for a while, she must have got sick of carrying on like that. Then, she has the nerve to come up to me and say, “Ammi, you say sorry first, then I will say sorry!” Can you believe that?

After explaining to her that I did nothing wrong to say 'sorry' to her, I went back to ignoring her while she went back to her chanting.

Again after a while she comes to bed and says, “Ammi, can you say a tiny little ‘sorry’ to me and then I will stop?”

Oh well, they do say ‘don’t sweat the small stuff.’ So, I said a tiny ‘sorry,’ and she said a big one, and we finally went to sleep, peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment