Monday, April 14, 2008

A Scolding

Hooty, with hands on her hips, scolding me for not coming to bed immediately with her at nap time:

“Ammi, how many times do I have to tell you something?” (direct copy from me!)
“I told you one time. Did you listen?
I told you two times. Did you listen?
I told you three times. Did you listen?
I told you five...no..four times. Did you listen?
I told you six times. Did you listen? (well, I don’t go to this extend ;o)
NO!
It’s your problem! (No, I don’t say this. Don’t know from where she picked this one from.)
Why didn’t you listen?
I will not come to the supermarket with you tomorrow. You will have to go all by yourself.
Now say ‘sorry’ and ‘I won’t do it again.’”

After listening to this whole speech, I said, “I told you to give me a few minutes because I was still cooking. All you had to do was wait a little. So I don’t think you should talk to me like that!”

She says, “No. I was not naughty this time. You were naughty. So it’s your problem, (Here we go again!) not my problem! Huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment