I am going to borrow a few sentences from a friend's blog because he so eloquently puts across what I want to say: "Let me start by saying that I don’t believe in war, and every war takes it’s toll on people, leaving them mutilated, suffering and traumatized for life."
But we are trying to provide some relief to those affected by this war.
We have details of over 200 children of Sri Lanka armed forces members who have either laid down their lives or have suffered physical disability while defending our motherland. Please show your gratitude to these heroic men and their families by sponsoring the education of their children.
* Stipulated monthly amount is Rs.1,000 (~US$ 10). You are welcome to donate more if you wish.
* Your donation will go directly into the child’s or guardian's account.
* Recommended period of scholarship is 4 years. You have the flexibility to decide on a longer or shorter duration based on individual needs.
* You could either make a one time payment of Rs.48,000 (or more) or make monthly donations over the duration of the scholarship.
* Bank account number and the contact details of the child and the family will be provided by the SLAF Seva Vanitha upon submission of application. If you wish you can contact the family and verify the details before starting contributions.
Please visit www.ranavirufund.org/ranaviruchildren.html to download the application form and a detailed description of the procedure.
Also, there is a call out there for providing essential items for the IDPs. Please help in any way you can and show our fellow brothers and sisters we really do care about them.
- Wearable used/new cloths
- Bottled water
- Food items
- Dry rations
- Milk powder for children (Laksprey, Anchor etc)
- sanitary items
BMICH Colombo and all the Divisional Secretariat offices in the country and to relevant media institutions.