Hubby and I went trekking across West Sikkim in India for 12 days. Let me be honest and correct my self...Hubby went trekking across West Sikkim in India and I went crawling, panting, limping behind him!
The kids were left behind with the Grandparents and "Nanda "in Kandy where apperantly they had a blast and hardly ever missed us.
Most of the people in Sikkim are Gorkhas of Nepalese origin and they were such nice, hospitable, humble people. I'd say 80% of the population, both male and female were so good looking. Everywhere we'd look there were men who looked like movie stars and Hubby claims the same for the women ;)
The temperature was between 7 and 12 degrees Celsius and I was COLD! (I hate cold!)
There are a few important things I learnt from this trip:
1. Life is so much easier if you have a penis to pee with.
2. I can hold my pee for hours on end without bursting my bladder.
3. My moods fluctuate with the thermometer. The lesser the degrees the fouler my mood is!
4. Best way to keep warm is to use the apparatus mentioned in no. 1 one way or the other ;)
5. I am a sunny kind of gal. I cant stand the Cold..did I mention I wore 4 layers of clothing (including TWO thermal underwear) underneath my winter coat?
Oh BTW, from the Indian High Commission in SL to the Sikkim House at Delhi (where u need to get a special permit to enter Sikkim) and all the people we met there told us we were the first Sri Lankans to go there!! Should have taken flags to plant where ever we went!
Enjoy the pics!
Finally here are a few pics of (out of about 700!) of beautiful Sikkim....